| HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT |
For health and environmental reasons, the following chemicals and metals are strictly prohibited in the manufacture of the items that we sell.
- AZO Dye
- Dimethyl Fumarate (DMF)
- Alkylphenols (APs) and Alkylphenol Ethoxylates (APEOs)
- Phenols: Pentachlorophenol (PCP) & Tetrachlorophenol (TeCP)
- Tributyltin (TBT) & Dibutyltin (DBT)
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) Polychlorinated terphenyls (PCTs)
- Perfluorooctane Sulfonates (PFOS) & Perfluorooctanoic acid ( PFOA)
- Nickel is now the most frequent cause of contact allergy found in jewellery and also in garment accessories such as zippers, hooks, studs etc. It is not permitted to use articles with nickel-containing metal parts which have direct and prolonged skin contact. Metal components must be tested to ensure that they are nickel-free – that is, have no more than 0.01% Nickel. The ‘lack of nickel’ has to be guaranteed for 2 years and has to remain below 0.5μg/cm2 surface/week (migration).
- Chromium: Chromium compounds are classified as carcinogenic. So it must not be present in any products.
- Cadmium: Usage above 1 ppm is prohibited.
- Lead: A 'heavy metal' that is often used as an alloy for jewellery and accessories. We strictly prohibit its use.
- Mercury: Another ‘heavy metal’ that can be found in the solid, liquid or gas states (in organic or inorganic compounds). Contamination occurs during the production of sodium hydroxide and/or sodium chloride using the ‘Mercury cell process’ during the production process. Mercury is strictly prohibited.