A. Information We Collect Automatically
We and our third-party partners use this data for a variety of purposes including: to diagnose problems with our servers and software, to administer the Website, to gather demographic information and to target advertising to you on the Website and elsewhere online. The Usage Data we collect is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we will treat it as Personal Data.
B. EU Personal Data Request
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to: (1) request access to your Personal Data and rectification of inaccurate Personal Data; (2) request erasure of your Personal Data; (3) request restrictions on the processing of your Personal Data; (4) object to processing your Personal Data; and/or (5) the right to data portability (“collectively, “Requests”). We can only process Requests from a user whose identity has been verified. To verify your identity, please provide your email address or [URL] when you make a request. You can submit a request emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and stating, “I am an EU resident and would like to exercise my individual rights” option. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
C. Retaining, Modifying and Deleting Your Personal Data
You may access the information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using email@example.com If you would like to update, correct, modify or delete from our database any Personal Data you previously submitted to us, please let us know by accessing and updating your profile. If you delete certain information you may not be able to order services in the future without re-submitting such information. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Also, please note that we will maintain Personal Data in our database whenever we are required to do so by law.
Please note that we need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (for example, when you enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Data provided until after the completion of such promotion). We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We use tracking technologies, such as cookies and local storage.
1. Cookies and Local Storage
Our Services use the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
: Functionality Cookies
: Analytics and Performance Cookies
: We use analytics and performance cookies to measure site growth, understand behavior patterns, and any difficulties with the site at an aggregate level. We use this data to create better content and experience for our readers through site improvements and updates.
: Targeted and Advertising Cookies
2. Third Party Services and Cookies
E. Sensitive Personal Data
Subject to the following paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal data as this term is defined under applicable data protection and privacy laws (for example, social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Website or otherwise to us.
F. Information Sharing Practices
(1) Generally. We share Non-Personal Data, including Usage Data, de-identified Personal Data and aggregated user statistics, with third parties in our discretion. We share User Information, including Personal Data, as otherwise described in this Policy, and under the following circumstances:
(2) Service Providers. From time to time, we enter into relationships with third parties who provide services to us (for example, analytics companies, advertisers and ad agencies, data management and storage services or credit card processing services, sweepstakes or contest prize fulfillment).
(3) Third-Party Marketing. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you will have a choice (opt-in or opt-out) before we share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. Otherwise, we share your information (including Personal Data) with third parties for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes.